Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dirge

Yes, I know it's Friday night - at least I think it is - and I should be spotlighting the good fortunes of another overachieving europerson of little or no repute.

I also know I swore off politics, more or less, but that really is something I do quite often and no one takes me seriously.

But this really isn't about politics or the election cycle or some amoral rabid little psychobitch.

This is the second time I've used this picture here. The first time was in January, and frankly that post says almost everything I wish to say on the subject.

The gentlemen in the picture are saluting the funeral train that carried the body of Bobby Kennedy as it wended its way through the furthest outposts of his words and heart.

My one best hope is that Teddy stays well enough to do it once again and to put her, once and for all and forever, in her place.

No comments: