Saturday, May 31, 2008

More Confectionery



It's Friday night, and, since I already uploaded this evening's playlist last night [given that it was, last night, Friday night in one of my time zones], I feel moved to continue with the irrelevant, frivolous and self-indulgent.

It would appear that in many corners of the world, there is much fascination with Angelina and Brad. I tend to run into them at jezebel, a corner which provides me with much pleasure and diversion.

Therefore, in an attempt to be non-elitist, and understanding the twisted nature of that caveat, I present: Chateau Miraval. The new abode of the galactic couple. The 17th century estate in Provence where she shall give birth to the twins, sample the organic wine produced in its vineyards, surrounded by 400 hectares of forest and said vineyards, secured by iron gates and moat. Thirty-five bedrooms, a lake or two and god knows what else.

And the colors are grand, as well.

I really don't come to snark, rage or indulge in ill-concealed envy masked as supercilious scorn. I simply think it would be a grand place to live, and, if it can't be moi, perhaps better the happy couple than most others who might afford it.

4 comments:

stephen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

On point.

Although, since I also read that there were "only 25" bedrooms, perhaps the entire tale is merely a figment of some "journalist's" imagination. That is what news is now, yes? Whether politics, entertainment, lifestyle, whatever. A 24-hour news cycle story line concocted by someone whose writ it is to entertain, quickly.

Oops. As it were.

stephen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Stephen where did you go?!

I've been too busy to be here much the last few days, but I merely wanted to explain that I totes understood your point.

I was merely trying to expand it. I've come to the point where I now see all MM news as being the same sort of infotainment adverts as one might find in any tabloid, TMZ website, CNN, whatever...