Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why I really truly despise Keith Olbermann




[Let this note serve as a more or less permanent caveat: my deepest apologies to those lucky readers who are inhabiting other, more pleasant parts of my universe and who will not be familiar with some of my current topics.]




Yes, the boy started out as a welcome counterpoint to all the other cowardly whores on CNN and Fox and MSNBC. He was an unabashed geek, loved baseball and clearly saw himself as Speaking Truth to Power. No mean feat when all the others, in all mainstream media outlets, were twisting themselves into obscene pretzels, scared witless by the fear mongering, wiretapping, career destroying Powers That Be.

But then the sad metamorphosis into misogynistic, preening narcissist. Righto. Déjà vu redux, sigh, for those of you who might remember another with similar trajectory.

As he became the darling of the Left, his smug overwrought self-righteousness became beyond unbearable. The endless rants, pompously stating the obvious, loving the sound of his own words to such a degree that the entire spectacle made me feel as if I’d caught some pathetic wanker en flagrante delicto. Not that I would rule out the odd bit of voyeurism, but this sort of public self-pleasuring should be confined to private, or certain public , restrooms.

He is constantly self-referential, and I picture him googling himself every 5 minutes as he has need to note any mention made of him anywhere in the universe. His silly obsession with the O’Reilly twit serves only to provide mirror for his very own brand of twitdom. Then there are the very nasty, offhand and occasionally vulgar “jokes” about the fair sex.

Yes, let’s face it. The young dweeb, all grown up, basking in the spotlight of his own glory and moral superiority, not to mention now having a chance to get back at the legions of girls who must have recoiled in horror at his fumbling advances.

Over-reacting, you might ask? But of course. It’s just that I am finally totally sick unto death of fatuous, self-engrossed boys who start out useful and then, unmasking in public, reveal nothing but their childish insecurities and narcissistic overcompensation.

So there [flouncing petulantly offstage, Jameson in hand].

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know but if I were Keith Olbermann I'd start immediately on mending my ways.

Who is this wanker anyway? I've never heard of him.